PREPARE FOR WINTER NOW – NO FROZEN PIPES!
- Now is the time to cover and insulate outdoor spigots, put your hoses away when no longer needed. During freezing weather, any frozen pipes should be thawed slowly and carefully while monitoring for any leaks that may have developed.
- Outdoor hose bibs are susceptible to freezing, use an insulator.
- Know where your water shut-off valve is located
- Don’t leave garden hose attached to the faucet in freezing weather
- Winterize your sprinkler system. Make sure your shut-off valve is off and irrigation lines are drained to prevent damagefrom freezing water.
- If you are vacationing during the winter, consider shutting off your supply to avoid potential flooding.
The full newsletter is HERE