PROJECTS IN PROGRESS:
McKinnon Creek Pumphouse - Phase I - Bidding closed on Feb 25
Project was awarded to D&G Backhoe of Lake Stevens, WA
This Project entails two phases, Phase I consists of sitework and will reroute the McKinnon wellfield supply infrastructure to a new pumphouse which will be constructed later in Phase II.
We do not have an addenda at this time. However, there are some clarifications to questions:
- Trees in project corridor have been removed by LFPWD but the corridor still needs to be grubbed. Stumps can be left on-site
- LFPWD will arrange any inspection needed for buried conduit before backfill
- Ecology wall design height as indicated on profile – final grade. Design basis as indicated in standard detail depending on height
- Both gates (north and south) can be used to access the site
- District will perform runoff turbidity testing as required
- A quotation for fabricating HDPE manifolds was obtained from High Country Fusion, Rick Nabseth
- Work on-site can’t begin until May 1, but materials can be ordered before this
Please contact Dan if you have further questions.
Three bids were opened on Feb. 25, 2020 at 4:00pm with untabulated totals as follows:
Rodarte Construction - Auburn, WA $1,045,093.53
B&B Utilities - Bothell, WA $ 803,324.50
D&G Backhoe - Lake Stevens, WA $ 739,178.33
Engineer’s estimate $ 700,000.00 (all figures include WSST)
We are currently installing water flow meters throughout the distribution system that enable us to monitor system demand in various pressure zones. This integrates with our telemetry system to provide real-time and historical information to better operate and diagnose issues in the system.
Zone Metering Monitoring
McKinnon Wellfield Perimeter Fence Repair and Replacement
Bid from MRSC Roster - Contract with Discount Fence (discountfencewa.com), Marblemount, WA. Work completed 1/2020
Emergency leak repair required excavation equipment. (B&B Utilities) 12/2019
Replace several concrete sidewalk panels following leak repair on watermain. (Small works project awarded to B&B Utilities 2020)
McKinnon Wellfield Tree Removal
Bid from MRSC Roster - Contract with Best Tree Services NW Inc. - Work completed.
Well 2 - Pump Replacement and well Rehab
Due to a nearby lightning strike, the pump motor suffered damage and required replacement. During the replacement the well was cleaned, surged, and inspected. (Small works project awarded to JKA Drilling $30,150 - Jan 2019)
Well 1 - Pump Replacement
After having exceeded it's life expectancy, this project replaced the worn and failing pump in our primary well. (Small works project awarded to PumpTech $17,100 - Oct 2017)
NE 178th St - '#3713 to #3369'
A pipe replacement project to upgrade existing deteriorated watermain and avoid conflict with the City of Lake Forest Park's mprovements. Over 1000' of 2" HDPE watermain was installed and construction was managed cooperatively and concurrently with the City's construction.
NE 178th St and 180th St
This project replaced a failed valve cluster and upgraded watermain crossing 180th in preparation for the 178th St. watermain replacement.
Horizon View Backup Well Project - Brightwater- completed 3/14
Construction of backup wells, pump station, and transmission main to mitigate against potential Brightwater Tunnel leakage.
- Phase I of this project is complete. Trail widening and utility infrastructure to site.
- Phase II is completed and the system is currently supplying supplemental water to the district.
Ballinger Way PRV - Completed 4/13
Replacement of an aging and malfunctioning Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) chamber that supplies water to the lowest zone in the district, the 'Beach Zone'. The new PRV chamber is located at the intersection of Ballinger Way and 175th