ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS - LAKE FOREST PARK WATER DISTRICT
Notice is hereby given that Lake Forest Park Water District (“District”) will receive sealed bids for
Backup Well Infrastructure Phase II - Well Pumps, Pumphouse, Reservoir and Site Work
until 10 AM on Wednesday, April 18, 2012, at the office of Lake Forest Park District, Lake Forest Park, Washington 98155, at which time all bids will be opened and read.
Work under this Contract principally consists of the following:
- Construct 12ft x20ft concrete/masonry pump Pumphouse with pipe galley, metering, electrical controls and wiring. Also includes covered porch area with drinking fountain and picnic table.
- Construct 54,000 gallon welded steel equalizing reservoir (tank) with AWWA appurtenances, HDPE mixing manifold and telemetry platform
- Install 2 – 40hp submersible pumps in two existing 450ft deep wells (wells #1,2). Installation to include discharge piping, wiring and wellhead fittings
- Install electric main feed to pump house in existing duct and install duct and wiring to wells 1,2.
- Tree removal, clearing, grubbing and tree planting and landscaping
- Site improvements including gravel access road construction
- 6” and 8” HDPE buried water pipe and 4” drainage pipe install by cut/fill
The Contract Documents may be obtained at the District office for the nonrefundable purchase price of $50.00. Those wishing to have a set mailed shall include an additional nonrefundable $15.00 for postage and handling. Checks shall be made payable to Lake Forest Park Water District. Copies of Contract Documents and plans are on file and available for public inspection at the District office during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). Plans and documents may be downloaded from the District website www.lfpwd.org
Proposals shall be on forms included in the Contract Documents and shall be accompanied by a certified or cashier’s check, or a guaranty bid bond, payable to the order of the Lake Forest Park District, in an amount not less than 5 percent of the amount of the proposal, as a guaranty that the bidder will execute the Contract if awarded in conformance with the proposal. The successful bidder will be required to furnish performance and payment bonds in an amount not less than 100 percent of the contract price.
The Contractor awarded the Work shall start within ten (10) calendar days from the date of issuance of Notice to Proceed. The District will evaluate proposals based on the total amount of the bid. The District reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to determine which proposal is, in the judgment of the District, the lowest responsible proposal, and which proposal, if any, should be accepted in the best interests of the District. The District also reserves the right to waive any informalities or irregularities in any proposal.
Proposals received after the time announced for the opening will not be considered. No bidder may withdraw its bid after the time announced for the opening, or before the award and execution of the Contract, unless the award is delayed for a period exceeding ninety (90) days.
Secretary, Board of Commissioners, Lake Forest Park Water District