ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS - LAKE FOREST PARK WATER DISTRICT
Notice is hereby given that Lake Forest Park Water District (“District”) will receive sealed bids for Backup Well Infrastructure Phase I - Access Road, Watermain and Utilities until 10 AM on Wednesday, November 2, 2011, at the office of Lake Forest Park District, Lake Forest Park, Washington 98155, at which time all bids will be opened and read.
Work under this Contract principally consists of the following:
- 900 lin-ft 8” ductile iron pipe and fittings
- 180 lin-ft 10” ductile iron pipe and fittings
- Pressure Reducing valve vault and check valve in precast vault (10” PRV supplied by owner)
- Tree Removal, Clearing, Grubbing
- Soldier Pile Retaining Wall
- Access Road Construction
- Steel Reinforced Wood Beam Guard Railing and pedestrian Safety Railing
- 400 lin-ft 8” Watermain HDPE DR17 partially cased in 12” HDPE DR21
- Water meter vault & fittings, mag meter supplied by owner
- Electrical service installation including conduit from pole to meter pedestal and conduit, pull boxes for servicing pump control building and conduit for future connections as indicated on plans.
- Communications conduit and pull boxes
The Contract Documents may be obtained at the District office for the nonrefundable purchase price of $50.00. Those wishing to have a set mailed shall include an additional nonrefundable $10.00 for postage and handling. Checks shall be made payable to Lake Forest Park Water District. Copies of Contract Documents and plans are on file and available for public inspection at the District office during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
Proposals shall be on forms included in the Contract Documents and shall be accompanied by a certified or cashier’s check, or a guaranty bid bond, payable to the order of the Lake Forest Park District, in an amount not less than 5 percent of the amount of the proposal, as a guaranty that the bidder will execute the Contract if awarded in conformance with the proposal. The successful bidder will be required to furnish performance and payment bonds in an amount not less than 100 percent of the contract price.
The Contractor awarded the Work shall start within ten (10) calendar days from the date of issuance of Notice to Proceed. The District will evaluate proposals based on the total amount of the bid. The District reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to determine which proposal is, in the judgment of the District, the lowest responsible proposal, and which proposal, if any, should be accepted in the best interests of the District. The District also reserves the right to waive any informalities or irregularities in any proposal.
Proposals received after the time announced for the opening will not be considered. No bidder may withdraw its bid after the time announced for the opening, or before the award and execution of the Contract, unless the award is delayed for a period exceeding ninety (90) days.
Secretary, Board of Commissioners,
Lake Forest Park Water District